Chicago Brunch Lovers: Non-Breakfast Menu Favorites
Here at Chicago Waffles, we’ve always been about more than just breakfast foods. Though, we do breakfast pretty well, if we may say so ourselves. While we certainly don’t mean to brag, but we do want to tell you a bit about some of our non-breakfast foods on the menu.
Chicago Brunch Items
From south of the border creations to all-American burgers, to heart-healthy salads and beyond, once you taste one of these beloved entrées, you’ll think twice about what qualifies as a “breakfast” item in the first place. Of course, who says meals have to have strict definitions and boundaries? Not us! And lucky for you, we serve up our full menu during all open business hours. So, take a peek at some of the other delicious treats we’re cooking up just for you.
South of the Border
- Chilaquiles – Tortilla chips tossed in a red sauce with pulled pork, queso fresco, scrambled eggs, guacamole and sour cream.
- Huevos Rancheros – Two eggs cooked in our salsa ranchera (green sauce) served with black beans, rice and tortillas.
Burgers & Sandwiches
- Chitown Burger – An 8oz black angus patty topped with grilled onions, mushrooms, bacon, American cheese and one sunny side up egg on a buttery bun.
- Old School Burger – An 8oz black angus patty grilled to perfection on your choice of buttery bun or pretzel roll topped with American cheese lettuce, tomato and red onions.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich – Slow roasted pork shoulder tossed in our homemade BBQ sauce topped with onion straws on a butter bun.
- Cajun Fish Sandwich – Sautéed Cajun tilapia on garlic French bread with lettuce, tomato, and chipotle sauce.
- Skirt Steak Sandwich – Marinated skirt steak on garlic French bread with grilled onions.
- Black Bean Burger – A veggie patty mix of black beans, vegetables and whole grains between a buttery bun or pretzel roll topped with spinach, red onion, and tomato.
- San Francisco Chicken – Grilled chicken breast with mixed greens, Swiss cheese, bacon, avocado and chipotle sauce, served on a pretzel bun.
- Turkey Burger – A lean turkey patty, grilled, served with fresh baby spinach, red onion, tomato and garlic aioli on a pretzel bun.
- BLT Classic – Bacon, lettuce, tomato and pesto aioli on your choice of bread.
- Grilled Cheese – Blends of cheeses on white bread with grilled tomato and bacon.
- Waffles Chop Salad – Mixed greens, diced tomatoes, red onions, sliced cucumbers, bacon, blue cheese, diced chicken and hard-boiled egg tossed in our house citrus vinaigrette and topped with avocado.
- Cajun Tilapia Salad – Sautéed Cajun filet of tilapia on top of a mixed greens salad, tossed with tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion in a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- Spinach Salad – Fresh baby spinach topped with grilled chicken breast, crumbled goat cheese, strawberries, red onion, candied walnuts and cucumbers in a raspberry vinaigrette.
- Classic Chicken Caesar – Romaine lettuce tossed in Caesar dressing with homemade croutons topped with chicken breast.
- Buffalo Chicken Salad – Crispy buffalo chicken strips on a bed of mixed greens with tomatoes, bacon, hard-boiled egg and crumbled blue cheese with ranch dressing.
- Cobb’s Best – Mixed greens topped with diced chicken, tomatoes, bacon, hard-boiled egg and crumbled blue cheese with ranch dressing.
Enjoy these non-breakfast items and so much more any day of the week at our West Loop location, Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. or Saturday – Sunday from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.