Health Benefits of Omelets
Just in case you haven’t caught on yet, we’re breakfast crazy here at Chicago Waffles! We just love everything about it – from the sweet to the savory, to the healthy and indulgent. And, there are so many great breakfast food items to choose from. But, in this post, we’re talking about one of our favorite go-to breakfast meals, the omelet.
Omelets are the perfect breakfast option. They’re healthy, filling, and they’re simply delicious. They’re even great for both vegetarians and meat eaters alike. The many health benefits, though, are reason enough to love the omelet. While starches and carbs are tasty and relatively harmless so long as you eat a well-balanced diet, in the long run, if you focus your diet too much on foods rich in these elements, it can spike your insulin levels which will gradually affect your overall health in many unwelcome ways. That’s why choosing a protein-rich breakfast, like the omelet, can surely aid in reducing your carb intake to keep your system balanced.
So, what other health benefits can you get from eating omelets? Let’s take a look:
- Omelets are a great source of protein – This is one of the greatest health benefits of eating omelets. The truth is, most of us rarely get enough protein in our diets, especially when we eat carbohydrate-rich,grain-based meals. But, you can change that by simply incorporating more eggs into your diet.
- Omelets keep you full – If you eat an omelet for breakfast, you’ll stay fuller longer. Carb-rich foods really only make you feel full for about an hour, so you’re left hungry, craving more soon after. And what happens when you’re hungry? You eat more. And, if you’re hungry in between meals, you may snack more on unhealthy foods. But, you can put these unhealthy habits to an end by simply incorporating more protein-rich meals into your diet. You’ll not only feel fuller longer; you’ll feel more energized.
- Omelets provide more nutrients – Omelets are often filled with all sorts of vitamin and mineral-rich vegetables. So, these breakfast meals are overall much healthier for you in both the short and long-run.
- Omelets can help you lose weight – If you’re interested in making healthier dietary choices to help you lose weight, eggs and omelets are a great option. These meals are packed with protein, which helps control cravings and prevents you from overeating and indulging in the unhealthier snack options.
- Omelets are good for your brain health – Eggs are naturally rich in a compound called choline, something that is key to maintaining nerve and brain health. So, by incorporating more eggs (and omelets) into your breakfast routine, you will benefit in the long-run.
- Omelets are full of vitamins – If you want to get your vitamins in for the day, eat an omelet! Eggs are a great source of vitamin A, and they also contain vitamins B, C, D, E and K.
Now that you have a better understanding of all of the fantastic health benefits that come with eating omelets, let us share with you some of our most raved about menu options where our omelet skills really shine! Customer favorites include:
- Broccoli and Cheddar – Omelet filled with broccoli florets and sharp cheddar.
- Mediterranean – Omelet filled with fresh baby spinach, feta cheese and tomatoes.
- Vegetarian – Omelet filled with sliced mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, red peppers and baby spinach.
- Smoked Salmon – Omelet filled with smoked salmon, red onions, capers and cream cheese, served with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Denver – Omelet filled with ham, onions, red peppers and American cheese.
Chicago Waffles is the Perfect Chicago Omelet Restaurant!
Breakfast doesn’t always have to be about indulging. Sometimes, it can and should be about fueling up your body with healthy, filling options. So, dig into our omelet menu, and enjoy! Looking for the perfect Chicago omelet restaurant? You found us! Visit us today at 1104 West Madison Street.