10 Ways to Use Leftover Waffles
Whether you dine in with us or order delivery for an at-home brunch with your closest friends, there’s the wonderful possibility that you could end up with some delicious leftovers! But, what are you to do with all of those leftovers? Well, we have some ideas we think you’re going to love.
So, let’s talk waffles! Sure, they’re easy enough to freeze and thaw out later for a tasty treat, but we can get so much more creative than that. Here are some ideas that will turn those plain leftover waffles into new, exciting delights:
- Create your own late night dessert. Simply warm up a waffle, and top it with ice cream, berries, chocolate sauce – whatever your heart desires!
- Take that dessert to the next level, and use some waffle pieces to make bread pudding.
- If you have chicken in your fridge, cook some up for chicken and waffles. Though you could simply order this off of our menu, you can never go wrong with chicken and waffles!
- For those cooler nights when you want something more hearty, cook up some chili, and pair it with a waffle instead of the more traditional side of cornbread. This way you get sweet and savory.
- Replace that boring bagel with a waffle. Cut a waffle in half, and spread plain or flavored cream cheese on it just as you would a bagel. We promise it won’t disappoint, and you may even drop the bagel altogether once you’ve had this treat!
- Make a traditional breakfast muffin more interesting, and replace it with a homemade waffle breakfast sandwich. Top it with a poached egg or scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon. And, if you really want to take it to the next level, add a drizzle of syrup over the top.
- Up your lunch game with a turkey and waffle sandwich. If you really want to taste the full impact of the waffle, add some cranberry sauce (that’s right, it’s not just for Thanksgiving) with the turkey, and make all of your coworkers jealous.
- Ditch the Wonder bread, and make a waffle sandwich. Turn a PB&J into something special, or fold peanut butter and bananas into your waffle. It sure makes a boring sandwich more interesting and gives the flavors more depth.
- Everyone loves a grilled cheese, so why not try a grilled cheese waffle sandwich? We promise it won’t disappoint!
- Take that grilled cheese a step further, and make a waffle panini. If you want to stick with the breakfast theme, keep it light with some apple slices and brie. Yum!
See, leftovers don’t have to be boring! In fact, now that you’ve seen how creative you can get with a simple waffle, you may just want to order a few extras the next time you’re in one of our restaurants to take home just to try some of these tasty ideas. Bon appetite!