Our Favorite Comfort Foods for Fall in Chicago
It’s fall in Chicago! As the weather continues to cool, and everyone is getting into the seasonal spirit, we thought we would too by sharing some of our favorite fall-themed and hearty comfort foods from our menu. While we and our loyal customers know that you can’t go wrong with any of the items on our carefully curated menu, there are a few standouts that will definitely hit the spot and warm the soul as we step into this candy-filled Halloween holiday. So, instead of reaching for those extra bags of candy that you’re saving “for the trick-or-treaters” (we know who they’re really for!), come have a sweet or savory delight with us at Chicago Waffles! Here are some seasonal favorites:
- Biscuits & Gravy – Toasted biscuits smothered with our homemade gravy, served with two eggs.
- Eggs Your Way – Two extra large eggs with your choice of bacon, sausage links, turkey sausage or Canadian bacon, served with red diced potatoes and a choice of toast or a side of pancakes.
- Ham & Cheese Omelette – An omelette with diced bone-in ham and American cheese.
- Maple Bacon Sausage Skillet – Maple bacon sausage, onions, red peppers, and American cheese, served with breakfast potatoes and two eggs any style.
- Cinnamon Roll Waffle – Our own cinnamon roll waffle recipe topped with sliced cinnamon apple caramel sauce.
- Red Velvet Waffle – A red velvet waffle topped with vanilla cream cheese, fresh strawberries, walnuts and chocolate sauce.
- Liege Waffle – A liege waffle made with pearl sugar, seasonal berries, and chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Waffle – A waffle made from our chocolate batter served with strawberry ice cream, vanilla sauce, fresh whipped cream and candied walnuts.
- Waffle Flight – Red velvet, chocolate, leige and green tea waffles topped with blackberry, strawberry, bananas, and hazelnut chocolate.
- Granny’s Special – Three crepes topped off with glazed granny smith apples.
- Stuffed Crepes – Three crepes stuffed with Nutella, sprinkled with powder sugar and topped with whipped cream.
- Banana Nut Crepes – Three crepes topped with bananas, candied walnuts and whipped cream.
- Red Velvet Pancakes – Homemade red velvet pancakes topped with fresh strawberries, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes – Chocolate morsels baked in our pancake batter and topped with even more chocolate chips and whipped cream.
- Cinnamon Apple Pancakes – Our fluffy pancakes topped with granny smith apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Raisin Challah – French toast made from thick cuts of raisin challah, grilled, and topped with candied walnuts and caramel sauce.
- Cinnamon Swirl – French toast dipped in our special batter topped with sliced bananas and caramel sauce.
- Red Velvet French Toast – Red velvet cake stuffed with cream cheese, grilled to perfection topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
Come dine with us, and get in the mood to celebrate this most spooktacular time of year with some seasonally themed delights! Both our S. Michigan Ave. and West Madison Street locations are open Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. and on weekends from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.