6 Healthy Things You Should Do to Start Your Day Before Breakfast
As you may have already gathered just from our name, we believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So, even for those most stressful days when things get a little chaotic, it’s important to fuel up to get your body and brain ready for the challenges of the day ahead. But, did you know that you can actually make your morning routine even better? It doesn’t even have to do with breakfast itself but in changing up your pre-breakfast routine.
We know that time is precious, especially in the mornings. But, there are a few things that you should try to do each day before you sit down for a meal and start your day. So, even before you join us at our West Loop location for breakfast, start your day off on the right foot by making these small changes that will help you feel mentally, spiritually and physically prepared for whatever may lie ahead:
- Make Your Bed – This one’s all about starting the day with mental clarity and a clean slate. It’s easy to just roll out of bed and grab some food. But, if you take just a few extra minutes to tidy up and organize your space, you will be pleasantly surprised with a sense of calm.
- Reflect – Take advantage of the quiet in the morning before your day gets going by spending a few minutes with yourself. Meditation is a great way to start the day off in a nice, clear, calm headspace before you even turn on the coffee maker. After all, attitude is everything, and when you’re of a positive mind, you’ll be more prepared for whatever comes your way.
- Stretch – Before you get caught up in the goings on of the day by reaching for those devices, give yourself a few minutes to just stretch. Not only is it a fantastic way to get the blood flowing after a long night’s sleep, it also just feels good. In fact, studies show that a quick stretch each day can give you more energy, improve your posture, and even help alleviate aches and pains.
- Exercise – If you’re one of those people who enjoys a pre-breakfast workout, then make it a regular part of your morning routine. Even if you can’t get through an intense workout without first fueling up, you might try some light yoga stretches or taking a brisk walk (perhaps to one of our restaurant locations!) to start your day off strong and with energy.
- Drink Water – Our bodies constantly crave hydration, so drink plenty of water in the morning. We understand that many are like us and would rather grab a hot cup of coffee first thing when we wake up. But, hold off just long enough to get some H2O in your system first. Trust us, your body will thank you. Plus, proper hydration leaves you with a natural healthy glow!
- Get Some Sun – Now, we don’t mean grab the sunscreen, and layout on your deck to get a little pre-breakfast tan. Rather, we encourage you to just open your windows or step outside to enjoy some natural light. If you’re not a morning person, we know, this one can be painful. But, when you step out into the light, your body naturally gets a boost in energy, plus you’ll benefit from the fresh air. This exposure will even help you later in the day when it’s time to go back to sleep, as light exposure helps set your natural sleep-wake cycle.
Before you join us for breakfast at our West Loop location, remember that just taking a few extra minutes each morning to do these simple things before grabbing breakfast will help set a positive tone for the day ahead. You’ll walk out your door feeling more relaxed and energized, ready to take on anything. Trust us, you’ll be glad you did. And after, we’ll have breakfast waiting!